Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

70s makeup

My mom is a personal trainer, and today at the gym was "70s flashback."
The person with the best costume would win $20, and it was mandatory to dress up today.
So my mom had me come over and do her hair and makeup for the day.
Here are the pictures of my beautiful mother after her "makeover"




I was going to a "twiggy" eye shadow look. I started out by putting urban decay primer potion all over the lid, then I put shroom by MAC (as previously discussed) all over the entire lid. I then used a purple shade of MAC eye shadow (sorry I forgot the name of the color since it belongs to my mom!) Then I used several different shades of brown out of the manly 120 palette to achieve a nice dark brown solid line in the crease as twiggy might have had. Then I used the black from my manly 120 on the crease to really make that area dark.


I know Twiggy was famous for the way she drew on her bottom lashes, but my mom said this was too dramatic a look for her, since she had to wear it around a while at work.
So after creating a very dramatic crease somewhat like Twiggy's, I used my mom's MAC Penultimate liquid eyeliner pen to create the winged eyeliner on her top lashes, then i very lightly drew on the bottom lashes using  a benefit waterproof eye pencil. Then I had my mom do a couple of coats of mascara, and she quickly straightened her hair.
I then teased her hair up using my boar bristle brush (this brush is amazing for teasing!!)

She was scared I would tease it too much, so I had to limit myself. :(
I desperately wanted to make a 60s bee hive!! :((

1 comment:

  1. I love that last bit, but I wouldn't rock the beehive either ;]!

    ReplyDelete

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0