Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Long time no post..

So as it turns out its been a few months since I last posted anything in here.

I just thought I'd stop in to tell you guys about an everyday easy makeup routine.
Heres what I do on a daily basis:

After washing my face I apply moisturizer, and let it settle into my skin.
Then I apply physicians formula air brushing powder all over my face, specifically in problem areas.


I love this product! It works a lot like bare minerals, but its a fraction of the price. 
I use the included kabuki brush to blend powder into problem areas and my big fluffy brush to blend everything together seamlessly.
The big fluffy brush is on the left, I normally use the smaller brush for blush or bronzer.

Then once my foundation is applied, I will smile "with my cheeks" if that makes sense.. and I apply a small amount of blush to the inner area where my cheeks stick out when I smile.

I don't know if you can see where I circles my cheeks in this pic, but thats the basic area you apply the blush with the smaller brush... then you use the larger brush to blend the blush around that basic area.

Then I use espresso by MAC


and I take an angled brush 

and take a little on the brush, and fill in my eyebrows, accentuating the shape I like them to be. 

This is pretty much my basic makeup.. When I'm doing something where I want to wear more eye makeup I will apply primer and do my eye shadow as planned.

But for a more simple and easy look, I will take the same angled brush and espresso by MAC.. and I just apply winged eyeliner on my top lash line.. and sometimes my bottom lash line also is I'm looking tired that day. Then I finish with mascara. I typically use cover girl lash blast fusion, its a great drug store mascara:


One of my recent obsessions is lipstick in natural looking tones. I really love berry tones, so naturally I love this one I got recently: 
Captive by MAC


It looks very natural when its on, and I really love MAC lipsticks, they are really smooth and creamy.. and the color doesn't transfer easily, but stays on your lips for a surprisingly long time.

When I apply lipstick, I start by putting on chap stick. typically I put the chap stick on after I finish my foundation... But sometimes I forget and I put it on right before I put on lipstick. 
I just wipe off the excess, but make sure there is still some greasiness to your lips before applying the lipstick.

Then you're finished. :)


All of the images used in this post were found on Google Images. (Aside from the picture of myself showing where I apply blush)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0