Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

New mommy makeup tricks

Wow, it's been a while since I posted last!
May 23rd I had my second baby, so I've been plenty busy and haven't thought much about blogging until recently. I'd like to start writing more!
So here goes...
For those of you with kids, you know how exhausting a new baby can be..  So I haven't been going "all out" with my makeup lately, instead I've been improvising quick tricks that look great.
This is currently my favorite product, MAC's mineralize skin finish powder. I have a lot of scaring on my face, and this hides all of my imperfections really well. This powder is pretty heavy coverage, but doesn't feel heavy or cakey when you're wearing it.




I use a small kabuki brush and work it in circles to apply the powder to problem areas. Then I take a large face brush and apply a light dusting of the powder over my entire face to even everything out. Its a very quick and easy way to perfect your uneven skin.

Next I take a blush and apply it to the apples of my cheeks, I still love Dainty by MAC,  it goes well with my skin tone.

And as discussed in previous posts, I then use an angled brush and Espresso eyeshadow by MAC to perfect my eyebrows.

For my eyes I normally take the same color I use on my eyebrows and the same angled brush and I put a thick line of brown on my lash line, and I use my finger to smudge it out a bit. I make sure that its the darkest & thickest towards the outer corner of my eye. This creates a very natural looking smokey kind of look. I will sometimes line my lower lash line depending on how tired I look, lol. Just use the same angled brush to apply the eyeshadow right on your lower lashes and use your finger to smooth any imperfections.
Then apply mascara and your eyes are finished.

I typically wear lipstick also, what color I choose depends on how dramatic I want my makeup to look. This entire look is very played down, so to stick with that natural look I will use Creme cup lipstick by MAC










No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0