Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Trina, and the Manly 120

Today my very close friend that I haven't seen in about a year came over. I showed her my new blog and she was willing to be subject to a makeover. The before and after shot is to the left.




















So I started out by putting on Shroom by MAC. (I absolutely love this color!!) I brushed it from the inner corners to her brow bone as well as lined the underneath lash line with this color.



Then I used the Manly 120 palette for the rest.
I brushed the silver (circled) over her crease, extending to the inner corner of her eye. Then i added more silver in the middle of her eyelid to give it a shine effect. Then I blended all that out to look seamless.
After that I took the lighter of the two blacks and made an oval shape at her crease, and then I extended that dark color into her crease. Then blended it well with the other colors.
I then took the darker shade of sparkly black and again made that oval shape on the outer crease of her eye.
She looked in the mirror after I did this step and she asked me to make it less dramatic, so I took the nude color circled on the palette and put it in her inner corners and extended it to the rest of the lid and the brow bone, and I blended everything with a fluffy brush untill the look was totally "seamless."




After that I had Trina do her own eyeliner, I then went over the eyeliner with an angled brush in the blackest black. I then had Trina line the waterlines of her eyes, something she was a little hesitant about. lol
Then I had her put on mascara, and the eyes were finished.
I then applied bronzer by MAC in refined golden (see previous blog post for pictures)
Then I used MAC mineralize blush in Dainty (also in previous blog post)

The last thing I did for her makeup is lined her lips with a raspberry pencil (by maybelline, any one will work)
And I blended the color until it looked natural. Then she put lipgloss over the top of it.

The last thing I did was her hair. We put moose in it while it was still wet, and scrunched the ends to define curls. I had her flip her head upside down and I blow dried the back/root area where I wanted her to have the most volume, I scrunched the ends while blow drying. Then I took a 1" curling iron and wrapped random sections around the barrel, (this is key, I did NOT use the clamp,)  Then I lightly teased the back few sections using a boar bristle brush. And I hair sprayed. Then I had her toss her head upside down and shake her roots out to make her hair lay more naturally. I used a small amount of surf hair pomade by Garnier (I love this product and it costs around $3!)  (PICTURE ABOVE)

I then scrunched the ends of her hair with the pomade to define the curls and make them last. Then we played with it a little to make it do exactly what she wanted it to... Here is the end result.







Also, another trick I showed Trina.... I took bronzer and put it on her neck and collar bones sparingly. Then I flattened my big fluffy brush into a straight line and I lined the top of her breasts to create an optical illusion. As you can tell from the picture above her breasts look more defined. Its a cool trick for a "party look." 


It was fun catching up with Trina, and she says that she was "being Melony's doll." LOL
More like my model. :)

Thanks for reading, and I hope to hear some requests/questions from readers soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0