Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Overnight beach waves

Want to know how to make your hair perfectly wavy without heat?
I LOVE this trick, the waves turn out beautifully.

Take a shower at night, and apply some curl defining mousse to the ENDS of your hair. Make sure you don't add any to the roots as it can make your roots look oily. 
Separate your hair into 4 different sections and braid each section all the way down and secure with an elastic. I french braided each section in hopes that it would make the roots more curly, but you can braid your hair regularly and still get the same effect.

Once your hair is all braided... go to sleep! Its best to sleep on a satin pillow case or with a satin sleep cap to avoid frizziness.
When you wake up.. make sure your hair is pretty dry before you take out the braids.
Mine wasn't completely dry so I did my makeup before I took the braids out... at this point it still wasn't all the way dry so I took my hair dryer and dried the braids a bit. Then I took all the braids out and used my fingers to blend all the hair together and to give my roots some volume.


Tada!! Perfect beachy waves that are super easy and don't damage your hair! 

1 comment:

  1. How cool is that. My hair is so thick that curls and waves fall out of it. Luckily have a slight natural curl but when my hair is long (right now it's too my waist) the curls are really weighed down.

    ReplyDelete

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0